Apply for the VPM Community Advisory Board
Do you enjoy consuming VPM content? Enjoy sharing it?
VPM is adding new members to our Community Advisory Boards in Richmond and in Shenandoah Valley/Charlottesville that are reflective of the communities we serve. Board members are VPM ambassadors who advise, advocate, and amplify VPM content with our communities. We are looking for people who are passionate about our content, providing feedback, identifying gaps and sharing community priorities with us. We are committed to ensuring people in our communities see themselves through the stories we tell.
I. Responsibilities with a focus in providing feedback on content
- Serve as an ambassador for VPM in the community
- Connect VPM to needs and priorities in the community
- Inform the work that we do
- Expand the reach of our programs to new audiences and deepen engagement
- Connect VPM with community partners and funders
- Expand the impact of our programs by sharing them with those who can most benefit
- Have a passion for public media
- Consume VPM content
- Be a member of VPM (at the highest level comfortable for you)
- Commit to attending quarterly board meetings
- Serve on an action team, as needed
- Participate in VPM Board onboarding/training
- Use networks to expand the reach/impact of VPM content
- Volunteer for VPM virtual and in-person events
The deadline for applications is June 5, 2022.