Tips for Kids to Help Prevent the Spread of COVID-19
Having conversations and sharing age appropriate information with children about COVID- 19 is important to making them feel safe and keeping families healthy. Below, Dr. Shantelle Brown, from HOPE Pharmacy, shares with kids some important tips on how they can build good hygiene habits and practice social distancing. Watch along with your children to encourage them to be germ busters and slow the spread of coronavirus.
Ways to help prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Clean your hands often using warm soap and water for 20 seconds. If that is not available, use an alcohol based hand sanitizer.
- If you are 2 years old or older, wear a cloth face covering
- Avoid people who are coughing or sneezing
- Limit your time with other children - no in person play dates for now
- If your neighbors are playing outside, remain 6 feet away
- Some people may have Covid-19 and not show symptoms so try to limit time with grandparents or relatives who may have a weak immune system
Stay safe and healthy!