VPM is seeking a Staff Accountant who brings a strong working knowledge of overall corporate accounting functions. We’re looking for a self-starter and analytical thinker. This position will help establish and ensure compliance with appropriate accounting policies, procedures and practices. You will also assist with preparing journal entries, reconciling accounts, and preparing management reports.
• Assists Chief Financial Officer in developing, documenting and ensuring compliance with appropriate accounting policies, procedures, controls and practices.
• Compiles and analyzes financial information to assist outsourced accounting firm in preparation of journal entries.
• Determines proper handling of financial transactions and approves transactions within limits.
• Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents and reports.
• Assists in payroll certification.
• Assist in the centralization of a purchase order and/or authorization system for credit card purchases. Create and provide timely and accurate reporting to management on purchasing and credit card usage.
• Coordinate and ensure timely and accurate annual inventory and fixed asset counts including the ongoing training of VPM personnel.
• Collaborate with fulfillment entity to identify, research and resolve inventory discrepancies.
• Assist in the development of annual VPM and Foundation budgets. Review monthly and quarterly entity and department budget v. actual reports and develop timely and accurate reporting.
• Communicate with other departments related to inventory and /or accounts payable.
• Participates in periodic close activities and preparation of quarterly and other management reporting utilizing Sage MAS 500 system data to summarize and interpret current and projected VPM financial position.
• Assist in VPM and Foundation audits.
• Provide support in future system implementations, upgrades, enhancements and integration of additional business units into our VPM system environment.
• Identify administrative and accounting functions to be streamlined or improved, in cooperation with a third party accounting firm.
• Bachelor’s degree required, Accounting degree preferred
• Minimum two years relevant accounting experience required
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office software - strong spreadsheet skills
• Displays original thinking and creativity, and ability to suggest workflow improvement
• Strong analytic skills that may be applied to accounts payable, vendor management, accounts receivable, and reconciliation
• Strong attention to detail, and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
• Ability to effectively communicate, and express ideas and thoughts verbally and in writing
• Ability to identify staff, and client needs, and to prioritize and accomplish tasks in a proficient manner
• Ability to manage and promote better vendor relationships
• Ability to work with a variety of staff positions and department interests
• Proven ability to consistently work well with others, demonstrating respect for diverse constituencies.
Apply by sending your resume to [email protected]. The position will remain open until filled.
EOE M/F/D/V VPM reserves the right to alter, change, modify, and/or terminate this job posting at any time without notice, or obligation, to any party.