NASA eClips at Home: "Solar System"
Episode 6: NASA interns Lenore Miller, Sarah Adewumi, and Jacob Wologo, explore the Sun and the solar system. Learn more about some of the objects within the solar system, ways to scale distances between these objects, and the power of the Sun. Create a solar oven, your own pocket solar system model, and a working paper plate sundial. Developed for students in grades 4-7.
Produced and directed by NASA eClips™ and presented by VPM.
Virginia Standards of Learning: 3.1-LS.1; 4.5 a, b, c; 4.6 a, b; 6.2 b, d; 6.3 b, c; 6.4 a
- NASA eClips Our World: What is a Solar System?
- NASA eClips Our World: Hubble History
- NASA eClips Our World: Pluto -- Our First Dwarf Planet
- NASA eClips Our World: The Sun, A Real Star
- NASA eClips Our World: Sun’s Position
- Make S’mores with a Solar Oven
- Build a Solar Oven
- Pocket Solar System
- Paper Plate Sundials
- Scale Model of the Solar System