Parmesan Herb Fries with Truffle Oil and Garlic Aioli
This recipe appears in Un-Wine’d, which airs Saturdays at 1:00 p.m. on VPM PBS.
What You Need:
- 4 large russet potatoes cut into thin fries
- Peanut oil for frying
- ¼ c. parmesan cheese
- ¼ c. truffle oil
- Large mixing bowl
- 1 large garlic clove, finely minced
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ½ tbsp. white truffle oil
- 1 tbsp. finely minced fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp. finely minced fresh parsley
- 1 tsp. fine sea salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. fresh basil, finely minced
- Air fryer
- Small bowl
- ½ c. mayonnaise
- ½ c. creme fraiche or sour cream
Step 1: Heat oil to 375 F. Cut each potato into about ½ inch fries.
Tip: To make it easier to chop, first cut one piece off of the potato and then turn the potato over so it’s flat.
Step 2: Drop the fries into an air fryer basket a few at a time. Fry for 5 to 7 minutes and drain in the basket or on a plate lined with paper towels.
Step 3: Place drained potatoes in a mixing bowl to stay warm.
Repeat steps 2 and 3 until all potatoes are fried
Step 4: Then in the mixing bowl, toss the fries with parmesan cheese, truffle oil, herbs, salt and pepper. Season with additional salt if wanted.
Step 5: To make the aioli, mix the mayonnaise, sour cream, white truffle oil, lemon juice, garlic, sea salt and pepper together in a small bowl.
Step 6: Serve with the fries and enjoy.