Songs and Stories with Mary and Mike: "Let's Use Our Five Senses"
Episode 1 - Mary and Mike are out and about, using their five senses to explore a city park. Mary collects leaves and watches the squirrels busily gathering acorns, while Mike eats snacks from his bag. Back in the studio, they find new ways to make music and even try some improvisation. Special guest, Ms. McCollough, shows us how to make our very own fizzy volcanoes. How will you be brave and curious today?
VA Unified Early Learning and Development Standards
- APL1.1 Being curious learners
- APL1.2 Being active explorers
- APL3.2 Building working memory
- SED1.2 Developing self-esteem and confidence
- HPD1.1 Learning through all senses
- HPD3.2 Developing small muscle control
- CD1.1 Paying attention to the natural world
- CD3.1 Learning about numbers and counting
- CD4.2 Learning about and through music
National Standards for Music Education
- Singing, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music
- Performing on instruments, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music
- Improvising melodies, variations, and accompaniments