The Communications Manager leads external storytelling to support VPM’s brand and enhance the visibility of the organization in Central Virginia and the Shenandoah Valley. This position works with leaders and stakeholders across the organization, and is a key partner to producers and content creators in VPM’s content division. The Communications Manager blends traditional tactics with a strong command of digital content to maximize impact and drive results. This position reports to the Director of Marketing and Communications.
- • Develops and executes strategic communications plans to promote VPM programming and advance the organization’s audience goals.
• Writes, edits and contributes to multiple communications vehicles and platforms, including press releases, print publications, email blasts and newsletters, website articles, landing pages, video scripts and social media platforms.
• Owns and establishes relationships with media contacts at local, regional and national outlets to maximize awareness of VPM’s programming and initiatives across markets.
• Leverages social media and digital tools to proactively engage with influencers, build new relationships, drive loyalty and facilitate connections.
• Collects and regularly analyzes metrics related to communications channels.
• Collaborates with creative teams (internal and external) to develop content calendar and materials, as assigned.
- • Bachelor's degree in Marketing or Communications, related discipline, or equivalent experience.
• 2-3 years of work-related experience in public relations and/or communications, reflected in broad portfolio of professional work.
• Exceptional writing and editing skills, familiarity with AP Style preferred.
• Fluency in social media platforms.
• Familiarity with publishing platforms.
• Proven ability to work on a variety of projects under tight deadlines.
• Experience building email content or marketing strategies is a plus.
• Experience with media monitoring tools and reporting is a plus.
EOE M/F/D/V VPM reserves the right to alter, change, modify, and/or terminate this job posting at any time without notice, or obligation, to any party