Songs and Stories with Mary and Mike: "Don’t Carry Too Much Stuff"
Episode 9 - Mary and Mike travel to the Music Resource Center in Charlottesville to meet up with the author, Marc Boston and the musician, Tevin White. Marc shares his beautiful children’s book, inspired by his own daughter. And Tevin shares a special song that he wrote, inspired by Marc’s book. Together, we learn how to stop carrying so much stuff!
VA Unified Early Learning and Development Standards
- APL1.1 Being curious learners
- APL3.1 Focusing and paying attention
- APL3.2 Building working memory
- SED1.2 Developing self-esteem and confidence
- CLLD2.3 Paying attention to print
- CLLD2.4 Understanding ideas, vocabulary and information in stories and texts
- CD4.2 Learning about and through music
National Standards for Music Education
- Singing, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music
- Performing on instruments, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music
- Listening to, analyzing, and describing music
- Understanding relationships between music, the other arts, and disciplines outside the arts