VPM is a public media organization serving Central Virginia and the Shenandoah Valley. The VPM News team produces award-winning journalism for our NPR station in Richmond and distribution across our digital channels to over 2 million people in VPM’s coverage area. As an independent, non-profit service, we strive to create and serve a more informed public.
The Production Technician will report to the Director of Production Services & Studios and provide creative and technical support for production of studio and remote video productions. The ideal candidate possesses the technical skills of video production and engineering, as well as a curiosity for learning the craft of being behind the camera.
VPM believes attracting and retaining diverse staff is crucial to serving our community and fulfilling our mission to create and serve a more informed public.
• Sets up video and audio recording equipment and cabling.
• Operates video, audio, lighting, and captioning equipment.
• Constructs, paints, prepares and repairs sets and props.
• Erects sets, scenery and lighting according to supervisor directions.
• Performs minor routine maintenance on studio equipment.
• Disassembles and stores sets and equipment upon conclusion of production.
• Keeps studios, Green Rooms and Dressing Rooms and other work areas in order.
• High school diploma or equivalent experience.
• Six months work-related experience in television, film or video production.
• Ability to lift overhead and carry up to 50 pounds.
• Ability to work on ladders or in elevated spaces.
• Flexible to work unusual hours and at remote locations, including overnight travel, as necessary.
• Valid Virginia driver’s license.
Apply by sending your resume and reel of work to [email protected]. The position will remain open until filled.
EOE M/F/D/V VPM reserves the right to alter, change, modify, and/or terminate this job posting at any time without notice, or obligation, to any party.