Human Resources Manager
VPM is a public media organization serving Central Virginia and the Shenandoah Valley. The VPM News team produces award-winning journalism for our NPR station in Richmond and distribution across our digital channels to over 2 million people in VPM’s coverage area. As an independent, non-profit service, we strive to create and serve a more informed public.
We are looking for a Human Resources Manager responsible for completing administrative duties in all areas of human resources. This role requires hands on involvement and support in both day-to-day and long-term deliverables to include but not limited to human resources policies, procedures, and practices, payroll, staffing, regulatory compliance, benefits, and record management and reporting. The ideal candidate is a mission-driven individual who connects easily with others and possesses a detail-oriented mindset. This position reports to the Senior Vice President, Culture and Organization Strategy.
VPM believes attracting and retaining diverse staff is crucial to serving our community and fulfilling our mission to create and serve a more informed public.
• Assists in the administration of HR policies, practices and procedures.
• Prepares, monitors and processes semi-monthly payroll processing functions.
• Manages internship selection and intern onboarding process.
• Ensures job descriptions are up-to-date and compliant with all regulations.
• Assists with recruiting efforts by writing and placing postings; works with supervisors to screen and interview candidates; conducts reference checks; coordinates new employee orientations.
• Responsible for administration and tracking of benefits, leave of absence management including FMLA, related policies and procedures, along with employee and supervisor communications.
• Maintains all physical and electronic HR records and ensures proper record management and reporting in accordance with applicable laws and licensing regulations; safeguards confidentiality and security as well as accuracy and currency.
• Bachelor’s degree in HR or related area; a combination of relevant course work, certification and excellent work experience may be considered in lieu of a bachelor’s degree.
• Minimum 3 years HR experience with emphasis in payroll and / or benefits administration.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Data entry experience with automated HR systems to include payroll systems; Dominion Payroll Services highly desirable.
• Excellent customer relations and acts with the customer in mind.
• Attention to details, planning and organizing skill.
• Effective, proactive written and oral communication proficiency, consultation and relationship building.
• Non-profit and / or public media industry experience a plus.
• Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
• Knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Apply by sending your resume to [email protected]. The position will remain open until filled.
EOE M/F/D/V VPM reserves the right to alter, change, modify, and/or terminate this job posting at any time without notice, or obligation, to any party.