This Salad Nicoise with Seared Tuna makes a delicious lunch
This salad is a French classic and pairs well with Rose like the one from the Flying Fox Vineyard and appears in “Un-Wine’d,” which airs Saturdays at 1:00 p.m. on VPM PBS.
What You’ll Need:
- ¾ c. olive oil
- ¼ c. lemon juice
- 2 T. Dijon mustard
- 1 t. honey
- ½ t. black pepper
- ½ t. kosher salt
- ½ lb fresh green beans, steamed to tender-crisp
- 9 to 12 baby potatoes, cut in two and steamed to soft
- 2 baby cucumbers, sliced ¼” on a bias
- 14 - 18 kalamata olives
- 2 eggs, hard cooked, cut into quarters
- ½ c. canned white beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 thin slices red onion, cut in half and separated
- 7 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 T. drained capers
- 8 to 12 ounce tuna steak, seared on the grill on both sides and sliced
- Small mixing bowl
Step 1: In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, dijon mustard, honey, black pepper, and salt.
Step 2: Carefully arrange the ingredients on two plates or a platter.
Step 3: Drizzle with the dressing and serve.