This shaved ribeye kabob with vegetables is full of flavor
This kabob is so delicious and full of flavors. The recipe pairs well with a Petit Verdot from Merrie Mill Farm and Vineyard and appears in Un-Wine’d, which airs Saturdays at 1:00 p.m. on VPM PBS.
What You’ll Need:
- 3 T. dijon mustard
- ¼ c. seasoned rice wine vinegar
- ¼ c. dry red wine
- ½ c. olive oil
- 2 T. freshly minced herbs, any variety
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed or finely minced
- ½ t. salt
- ½ t. freshly ground pepper
- 3 lb ribeye roast, trimmed of excess fat, thinly sliced (about 1/8 to 1/16” slices)
- 8-16 baby potatoes, steamed until just tender-crisp
- 2 onions cut into quarters then halved/li>
- 2 sweet bell peppers cut into large chunks the size of the largest pieces of onion
- 8-16 button mushrooms
- Skewers for the grill - if using bamboo, soak overnight in water to prevent burning
Step 1: In a large mixing bowl, blend together mustard, seasoned rice wine vinegar, dry wine, olive oil, herbs, garlic, salt and pepper.
Step 2: Mix well then add the beef. Toss to coat all the pieces. Allow to marinate for about one hour at room temperature.
Step 3: Heat the grill to medium high. Prepare 8 long skewers. Separate the meat into 8 portions then separate each portion into three portions.
Step 4: Begin skewering with peppers and onions, one chunk of each threaded on the stick.
Step 5: Next gather a pile of the meat and skewer, tucking loose ends into the center of the pile as you skewer on the meat.
While this is not a meatloaf, pretend you are making a meatball with the piles of meat to get them to skewer easily.
Step 6: Add a potato, pepper, and onion then another grouping of meat.
Step 7: Add a mushroom, meat, etc. until you have all four portions of the meat on your skewer and as much vegetable as you desire.
Step 8: Place a piece of aluminum foil closest to you on the grill skewer ends and to protect the ends of the skewers and grill the kabob on all sides until you reach the desired doneness on the meat and the vegetables are seared and softened.
Step 9: Serve with your favorite side salad.