VPM is a public media organization serving Central Virginia and the Shenandoah Valley. The VPM News team produces award-winning journalism for our NPR station in Richmond and distribution across our digital channels to over 2 million people in VPM’s coverage area. As an independent, non-profit service, we strive to create and serve a more informed public.
VPM is seeking a FM Announcer/Reporter to collect and analyze information of interest, including government and breaking news, and report it to the public through broadcast and digital channels.
VPM believes attracting and retaining diverse staff is crucial to serving our community and fulfilling our mission to create and serve a more informed public.
• Reports regular daily and long-form news that could include audio, digital, written and visual elements.
• Engages with the Richmond community to build sources.
• Works closely with the news team to communicate editorial priorities and share ideas.
• Covers local and statewide environmental issues.
• Assists the State Politics, Education, City of Richmond and Legal Reporters when necessary.
• Hosts occasional news programs as needed.
• Works varied shifts as required with the changing news cycle, such as covering evening meetings or weekend events.
• 2-3 years reporting experience.
• Background in public radio experience a plus.
• Proficient in Adobe Audition or similar editing software.
• Strong web and social media-based editing and production skills.
• Strong photography skills.
• Possesses a valid driver’s license and can travel.
Apply by sending your resume and reel of work to [email protected]. The position will remain open until filled.
EOE M/F/D/V VPM reserves the right to alter, change, modify, and/or terminate this job posting at any time without notice, or obligation, to any party.