Production Crew Supervisor
VPM is searching for an experienced Production Technician to supervise crew in studio and on remote locations across Virginia. Reporting to the Director of VPM Studios & Production Services, this role provides creative and technical support by taking the lead in the setup and execution of productions.
VPM is a public media organization serving Central Virginia and the Shenandoah Valley. Our teams produce documentaries, TV series and digital content. The VPM News team produces award-winning journalism for our NPR and PBS stations with distribution across our digital channels to over 2 million people in VPM’s coverage area. VPM Music is home to a 24/7 blend of classical, jazz and world music serving the Richmond region. Additionally, VPM has recently acquired a 40-year-old weekly publication and website, Style Weekly, that covers arts and culture. As an independent, non-profit service, we strive to create and serve a more informed public.
VPM believes attracting and retaining diverse staff is crucial to serving our community and fulfilling our mission to create and serve a more informed public.
• Supervises in-studio and remote crews on production-related duties.
• Provides assistance and support to the Director of Production Services.
• Supervises the setup of cameras, video and audio recording equipment and cabling.
• Operates cameras, video, audio, lighting, graphics and captioning equipment.
• Constructs, paints, prepares and repairs sets and props.
• Erects sets, scenery and lighting according to producer directions.
• Performs minor routine maintenance on studio equipment.
• Disassembles and stores sets and equipment upon conclusion of production.
• Ensures studios, green rooms and dressing rooms and other production work areas are neat and ready for use.
• Adheres to safety standards ensuring safe work sites and equipment management.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum 3 years practical experience in television, film or video production.
• Able to lift overhead and carry up to 50 pounds.
• Able to work on ladders or in elevated spaces.
• Flexible to work unusual hours and at remote locations, including overnight travel, as necessary.
• Possesses a valid Virginia driver’s license.
Apply by sending your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. The position will remain open until filled.
EOE M/F/D/V VPM reserves the right to alter, change, modify, and/or terminate this job posting at any time without notice, or obligation, to any party.