Under the direction of the Director of Digital Strategy and Operations, this position will be responsible for the development, coordination and execution of digital-first stories and digital content across a variety of online and social media platforms. Digital content may include video, photos and social media content. This position’s emphasis will be on developing new and existing brands in arts & culture, news, early education and science.
VPM is a public media organization serving Central Virginia and the Shenandoah Valley. Our teams produce documentaries, TV series and digital content. The VPM News team produces award-winning journalism for our NPR and PBS stations with distribution across our digital channels to over 2 million people in VPM’s coverage area. VPM Music is home to a 24/7 blend of classical, jazz and world music serving the Richmond region. Additionally, VPM has recently acquired a 40-year-old weekly publication and website, Style Weekly, that covers arts and culture. As an independent, non-profit service, we strive to create and serve a more informed public.
VPM believes attracting and retaining diverse staff is crucial to serving our community and fulfilling our mission to create and serve a more informed public.
• Creates stand-alone digital content initiatives and online content as part of station-wide multi-platform campaigns.
• Develops and produces series/mini-series content for online platforms like YouTube that fit VPM projects.
• Pitches, scripts and edits social media videos for platforms such as TikTok, Instagram and Facebook.
• Edits cut downs and clips from existing video content as part of multi-platform campaigns.
• Adapts work based on audience feedback and data analysis and stays up to date on online trends.
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Media Production, Communications, English, or related field or equivalent work experience.
• Four or more years production, editorial or related experience.
• An understanding of digital platforms, their audiences and trends.
• Knowledge of SEO and online accessibility.
• Proficient in using editing software, Adobe Audition/Premiere/Photoshop, Microsoft Office Suite.
• Understanding of media production for online platforms including short-form video content and social media videos.
• Strong verbal and written communication, decision making and problem-solving skills and demonstrated writing, editing and proofreading skills for digital platforms.
• Displays a high level of initiative, effort and commitment toward completing assignments efficiently.
Apply by sending a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. The position will remain open until filled.
EOE M/F/D/V VPM reserves the right to alter, change, modify, and/or terminate this job posting at any time without notice, or obligation, to any party.