Station Seeks Public Media Enthusiasts For Project Amplify Board
Help us grow a new generation of viewers and listeners by joining Project Amplify -- a board for digital natives.
The Community Idea Stations is on the hunt for creative, innovative, social media savvy individuals to help us further our reach "Beyond the Broadcast." If you are passionate about public media (TV, radio or both!) and want to serve on a working board to broaden our audience and deepen engagement in new and exciting ways, then we want to hear from you.
WHAT IS EXPECTED/REQUIRED OF ME?
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Live within our broadcast area.
- Attend board or committee meetings once a month.
- Attend training/orientation sessions with staff to get a full understanding of how the station operates.
- Become a member at any level, to demonstrate your commitment to our mission of "using the power of media to educate, entertain and inspire."
WHAT WILL BOARD SERVICE WITH THE COMMUNITY IDEA STATIONS OFFER ME?
- Become a PBS & NPR insider. Get exclusive access to our events, initiatives and content.
- Valuable experience in the field of public media including exposure to community organizations in our impact areas of news, history, science, education and the arts.
- The opportunity to effect change within public media in your community by addressing the needs and interests of broader audiences.
- The opportunity to act as a liaison to our TV and Radio Station Boards.
I'M DEFINITELY INTERESTED! WHAT DO I DO NOW?
(The application period is closed.)