Lemon Crab Stuffed Flounder with Lemon Butter Sauce
Serving Size: 8
- 8 flounder filets
- ½ lb lump crab
- ½ c. seasoned panko crumbs
- 1/4 t. cayenne pepper
- zest of ½ lemon
- 1 egg beaten with 1 T. water
- ½ t. dill weed
- 2 T. red bell pepper finely minced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 c. dry white wine
- ¼ c. softened butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oven to 350ºF.
- Lay out the flounder filets on a cutting board.
- Mix together the crab and next seven ingredients. Blend well and divide among the filets. Roll eth flounder and crab into pinwheels and place on a buttered cookie sheet with the tucked end down to prevent the flounder pinwheels from unrolling. Bake at 350ºF for 6 minutes.
- In a small saucepan or fry pan, heat the lemon juice and wine and cook until reduced by half. Remove from heat and whisk in the butter. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle the sauce over the fish and serve.