Marinated Rack of Lamb with Cherry Sauce
Serving Size: 2
- 1 Frenched rack of lamb
- 2 T. Dijon mustard
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 large sprig of rosemary, all leaves removed from stem and stem discarded
- 3 c. DuCard petite Verdot
- Blend all the marinade ingredients together and marinate the rack of lamb for 1 ½ to 2 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the marinade and dry the rack of lamb.
- Brush with olive oil if desired and place on a roasting rack.
- Bake at 425 for 15 minutes then reduce the oven temperature to 350 and roast to 140 to 165 degrees depending on desired doneness. Serve with cherry sauce.
Cherry Sauce Ingredients:
- 4 T. butter
- 1 large shallot
- 2 c DuCard Petite Verdot
- 1 T. Dijon mustard
- ½ t dried parsley
- ¼ c. dried cherries
- In a small fry pan, melt butter and sauté shallots.
- Cook until shallots are softened then add wine. Simmer to reduce by ½.
- Strain the shallots out and add the mustard, parsley, and dried cherries. S
- immer for 5 minutes until the cherries are softened. Serve over lamb.