Digital News Editor
VPM is looking for a Digital News Editor to work with our news team to increase the reach and impact of our news stories. The Digital News Editor must be able to respond quickly to breaking news, work collaboratively across teams, and deliver compelling and innovative digital news content.
- Collaborate with the news team to develop and implement digital strategy for news, develop strategy and performance targets for news and digital teams, report on the same to management.
- From time to time, create content for broadcast.
- Manage Digital News Video Producer and work with them to create and optimize digital video, images, graphics, interactives and other content. Manage the production of daily articles and features for web and social media. Where needed, contribute to the reporting of articles and features for broadcast.
- Must be able to work flexible hours as needed, including evenings and weekends.
- BA or BS in journalism or related field.
- Experience working in broadcast, print or online journalism.
- Strong understanding of public media storytelling techniques for audio, video, and web.
- Outstanding writing and copy-editing skills.
- Strong news judgment.
- Strong understanding of social media platforms.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities, projects and tasks.
To apply, email email@example.com with resume, cover letter, and the following:
- Please share a link to your digital portfolio, including writing samples, examples of social campaigns and effective digital engagement. Tell us how you leveraged digital platforms to maximize the impact and reach of your content.
- Tell us about your favorite public broadcasting show. Share a specific story, what you liked about how it was reported/produced, and explain why you think it was effective.