Donor Relations Officer
VPM - Virginia's Home for Public Media is seeking a Donor Relations Officer (DRO) for our Charlottesville and Shenandoah Valley markets. The ideal candidate is entrepreneurial and an experienced donor relation professional able to connect leadership-level supporters with the knowledge and inspiration they seek. As a member of a highly professional and nationally recognized Leadership Giving team, this full-time, non- supervisory position gains exposure to almost every corner of what we do, giving you the opportunity to work with supporters, professionals, and broadcast talent who share your passion for public media!
The DRO role offers a competitive salary and generous benefits, works from home or from the Charlottesville or Harrisonburg VPM office, and reports to the Director of Leadership Giving.
Interested candidates need to submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without this information will not be considered. This position is open until filled.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Qualify donors for a Charlottesville/Shenandoah Valley-based major gifts caseload, working with mid- level giving program
- Create individual goals for each donor on the caseload
- Create a contact, marketing and communication plan for each donor that is focused on fulfilling the donor’s interests and passions. Execute that plan and modify it as circumstances change
- Work with program staff to secure project information for creating donor offers (front-end) and reporting to donors on how their giving made a difference (back-end)
- Perform other major gift officer duties as required, including monthly reporting to management that accurately reflects caseload activity and performance
- Represent VPM at premieres and events and on-air, as needed, to cultivate and steward donors
- Assist with other projects, as needed
Key Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Passion for public broadcasting and its mission and deep knowledge of program content
- Deep experience with giving community in Charlottesville/Shenandoah Valley region and demonstrated successful experience soliciting five to six figure gifts
- College degree plus a minimum 5 years of related non-profit development experience in a major gifts program
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office especially Excel and relational databases
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially patience, diplomacy, optimism and sensitivity
- Excellent written and spoken communications skills and ability/willingness to train for on air fundraising drives
- Effective organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Works independently as well as part of a team
- Manages and prioritizes competing demands and deadlines
- Works flexible hours, including weekends and evenings as needed
- Handles confidential information, both relating to donors and within the department
- Valid Virginia driver’s license and travels regularly to headquarters in Richmond, VA.
- Works from home or from Charlottesville VPM office as space and need requires
Competitive Salary & Benefits Package including health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, PTO, and retirement plus more!
EOE M/F/D/V VPM reserves the right to alter, change, modify, and/or terminate this job posting at any time without notice, or obligation, to any party. This position will remain open until filled.