Charitable Gift Annuity
A Charitable Gift Annuity is a contract between an individual and a charitable organization. Should you decide to do this with VPM, you would transfer cash or another asset, such as stock, to our Charitable Gift Annuity Program which is run by Comerica Legacy Foundation.
- Federal income tax deduction (if you itemize your deductions)
- Periodic fixed payments for the remainder of your lifetime which may be partially tax-free
- Donor avoids capital gains tax on the donated assets
- Potential future estate tax savings
- VPM will eventually receive the benefit of 100% of the proceeds from the Charitable Gift Annuity.
- Legacy Society benefits
Tax Status, Tax Identification Number VPM's legal name is Commonwealth Public Broadcasting Corporation. We are a 501(c)3 tax-exempt, charitable organization headquartered at 23 Sesame Street, Richmond VA 23235. Our federal tax identification number is 54-0735782. Your attorney may want to include this number in your will or trust to help your executor facilitate your bequest.