Early Childhood: Community Partners and Schools
The relationship between families, educators and community partners is immeasurable. It is a cornerstone to our children’s educational success. VPM is excited to partner with our communities as we all work together towards early learning excellence.
Community Partner Highlights
Our partners are always doing great work to support early learning for children and families. Each quarter, we’d like to shine a light on a specific partner in early childhood education.
This quarter’s feature is: The Birth In Color Doulas
Thank you to The Birth In Color Doulas for participating in The VPM Basics training for families. Thank you for supporting maternal health, dismantling health barriers for Black women and women of color and supporting families with our earliest learners.
VPM at The Market at 25th – We believe community engagement and collective impact is vital to early learning. The Market at 25th is a grocery store committed to supporting its surrounding community. VPM’s relationship with The Market provides an opportunity to combine nutrition and food security in a safe and accommodating space for children and families to enrich their educational experiences. Here, VPM serves as a liaison between schools and community partners to support students and families in a local environment.
School and Community Partners
- Charlottesville City Schools Student & Family Engagement: Website | Facebook
- Child Health Partnership: Website | Facebook
- ChildSavers: : Website | Facebook
- City of Promise: Website | Facebook
- Greater Richmond SCAN: Website | Facebook
- Greater Richmond Trauma-Informed Community Network: PACEs Connection Community
- Hanover Preschool Initiative Website | Facebook
- ReadyKids: Website | Facebook
- Rockingham County Schools
- Smart Beginnings Greater Harrisonburg
- Smart Beginnings Greater Richmond: Website | Facebook
- United Way of Greater Charlottesville: Website | Facebook | Go2grow.com