VPM Daily Newscast: May 21, 2020
During the coronavirus outbreak, VPM is running a daily newscast of our reporting, hosted by Benjamin Dolle. Episodes are recorded at 6 p.m. and released for 7 a.m. the next day, Tuesday through Friday.
In today's newscast:
- Gov. Ralph Northam announced a new task force to work on expanding access to affordable insurance.
- Although the state has increased stockpiles of medical protective gear, some nursing homes say they don't have enough - and health care groups say they may be the tip of an iceberg.
- A new coalition has formed to help small businesses as the state begins reopening, with free face masks, gloves, and hand sanitizer.
- In Chesterfield, the chain hair salon Great Cuts reopened - VPM asked how they're balancing safety with a rush of customers.
- A free COVID-19 testing site is running in Goochland today, both at the Central High Cultural and Educational Complex and through a mobile lab for people without transportation - call 804-365-3340 to schedule an appointment.
- The lawyer behind Citizens United is suing Virginia election officials to prevent an increase in absentee voting in the June primary.
If you have a photo that speaks to what you're experiencing under the coronavirus outbreak, please send it to us with a note about what the image means to you. Is something unusual happening in your neighborhood? Have a heart warming moment? Let us know.