Join the VPM Volunteer Family
Join our Volunteer Family: Complete an Application Here
Already a registered VPM Volunteer? Click to log in to the Volunteer Information Center (VICNet)
Help us extend our reach beyond the television screen and the radio dial by assisting us in bringing engaging events into the community that help us achieve our mission of using the Power of Media to Educate, Entertain and Inspire.
Why Volunteer at VPM?
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at what we do at our 23 Sesame Street Studios
- Network with our experienced staff of public media professionals
- Meet other volunteers with similar interests and passions
- Gain beneficial workplace skills
What roles can I play within the VPM Family?
- Community Ambassador Represent VPM at public events held in our Sesame Street Studios and/or in the community. Promote VPM Membership to guests and distribute VPM promotional materials.
- VPM PBS KIDS Literacy Ambassador Make a difference in the life of a child by participating in our VPM PBS KIDS outreach program reading activities at local schools that serve children in need.
- Event Support Work at various events in our studios, or out in the community, by helping children with various educational activities, checking in guests, helping with setup and event flow. Tasks vary with each event.
- Administrative Support Provide assistance with mailings, data entry, research projects and other various tasks essential to our mission.
VPM welcomes volunteers from diverse backgrounds, but all of our volunteers do have the following in common:
- High energy and a positive attitude
- A passion for public media (TV, Radio, or both!)
- Great customer service skills
- Age 14 or older. Volunteers under the age of 18 must complete a Parent/Guardian Consent form.