Asparagus Quiche: Lunchtime, Dinnertime, Anytime
Un-Wine'd host Tassie Pippert shows viewers how to prepare Asparagus Quiche, a delicious recipe perfect for lunch or dinner. Loads of asparagus add color and flavor to this hearty, creamy quiche.
- 1 - 9” pie crust - homemade or pre-made
- 1/4 pound fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut in 2” pieces
- 4 ounces grated cheddar or gruyere cheese
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 5 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- ½ t. chopped dried chives
- Roll the pie crust out to fit in a 9” pie pan.
- Evenly distribute the asparagus pieces in the bottom of the crust.
- Top with evenly distributed cheese.
- In a medium bowl, whip together the half and half and the eggs.
- Add the salt, pepper, and dried chives.
- Pour over asparagus and cheese and bake at 400 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Serve with a side salad.