Steak with Maître d’Hotel Butter
Un-Wine'd host Tassie Pippert shows viewers how to prepare a savory Steak with Maître d’Hotel Butter dish. Maître d'Hôtel butter is a compound butter recipe of French origin prepared with butter, parsley, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Use it as a finishing butter on meats, fish and vegetables for added pizzazz.
- 2 steaks of your choice approximately 2” thick
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 T. olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Maître d’Hotel Butter
- 4 T. good quality butter
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 sprig thyme, finely minced
- ½ t. rosemary, finely minced
- 1 t. parsley, finely minced
- Additional herbs as desired, finely minced
Place steaks on a plate and mix the garlic, olive oil and salt & pepper to taste. Rub generously on steaks on all sides. Rest 30 minutes at room temperature. Grill steaks to desired doneness and top with chilled Maitre D’ butter.