Songs and Stories with Mary and Mike: "The Sounds of Brazil"
Episode 6 - Have you ever wondered how music transforms from notes on a page to something so beautiful it can touch our souls? Mike travels to Harrisonburg, VA to meet a pianist from Brazil, who teaches us about the music of Brazil and performs a lively piece on the piano. Mary guides us in moving our bodies to all of the different musical sounds and we learn to sing a children’s folk song in Portuguese.
VA Unified Early Learning and Development Standards
- APL1.1 Being curious learners
- APL3.1 Focusing and paying attention
- SED1.2 Developing self-esteem and confidence
- HPD2.1 Developing large muscle control
- HPD2.2 Exploring the environment
- CD4.2 Learning about and through music
National Standards for Music Education
- Singing, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music
- Performing on instruments, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music
- Understanding music in relation to history and culture